Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's what you're called to do.....

Isaiah 56:5 NIV "To them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off"

It's not what you're called, its what you're called to do!

Gideon..The Lord is with you, mighty warrior! Gideon's response was, I am the least in my family, the weakest one. How can I save my people? The Angel of the Lord saw what Gideon was called to do not what he saw himself as. Gideon stepped out in faith.

Peter...His name meant "shifty" That is not what Jesus saw in him. He saw the great potential within Peter. He changed his name to Cephas" , which meant, "rock". Jesus saw what Peter was called to do, to establish the church on this rock, stand firm.

These stories bring comfort to me as I think of the things I have been called in my life--the things I have believed about myself. I think of my shortcomings and my past, and I know that apart from God, I can do no good thing. My only hope is in the transformation God can and will work within me day by day. In my own strength, I will always be a least of these, shifty and of no account. But in God's hands, I can be a mighty warrior, a rock!!
God showed Tyler who he was called to be and He did mighty things in and through my Tyler. He was a mighty warrior and a rock! God can and will do great things in and through all of us if we will let him show us who we are called to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment