Tuesday, March 22, 2011

part 2 of braggin

Tyler was a complete animal in HellWeek and did very well. One funny story about him in HellWeek was that he was always falling asleep when it was time to eat. It was our job to keep them awake during our shift (Midnight-0800) and we had many ways of doing this. I remember grabbing a large apple from the food line and having Tyler and another sleepy student bite into the apple at the same time and hold it there without taking a full bite. He had the whole class rolling over with laughter when he would doze off and drag the other student around with his nodding off. The funniest part was that he was chuckling in his sleep when he was dozing to the floor with the apple in his mouth. Almost completely mad with lack of sleep and he was still laughing! Amazing!

I made it a point to attend his graduation and witness him getting his Trident. I believe his folks were there and I'm sure that I met them. To be honest, I was dissapointed to find that he was going to the East Coast teams because that meant I would not have the chance to work with him in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment