Friday, April 1, 2011

Motto to live by...

Motto to live by...

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!"

I believe this was truly Tyler's motto for life! He lived it!
My question is, Do we really live this life God gave us? or do we just get by? This year has been one that I have struggled with how and why to live in many ways. Heart broken I limp through life. Recently God has convicted me that life is a GIFT only from Him and that this gift was meant to be enjoyed and most of all lived for Him. Really living, is not living recklessly or without true convictions or purpose. That is a wasted life, a life that does not honor the gift or the Giver! A joyfilled life is what I desire!
From now on I may be limping, but I will enjoy it and live my life with a smile on my face, knowing that this pleases God the most. Life is too short as it is. If today you're limping through life, choose to limp with a smile, laugh at yourself and enjoy God's great gift of life.
When I get to Heaven and see my precious son, Tyler,
I will, as I believe he did,
say, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Thank you Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment