Thursday, April 18, 2013

Footprints on my heart.....

         A little boy walking in front of me left a precious little footprint in the sand on the steps to the beach. This little boy triggered a precious memory of another little boy at the beach so very long ago! My Tyler! These little sandy footprints soon get blown away on the beach but, oh, the ones I remember are forever on my heart! I had to take a picture of this little print, it made me smile just thinking of my little boy's footprints! His smile, his laughter, his loving heart and sweetness!   There is another set of footprints that I think of as well, they are from an  old poem called, "Footprints in the Sand" I think. This poem is about 2 sets of prints in the sand, representing Jesus walking beside us in life. Then when things get really hard to bear in life, like losing your baby, there is only one set of footprints in the sand. This poem talks about how we think that when things get hard, sometimes Jesus leaves us alone to walk through it, but how very wrong we are in this thinking! I can testify that these times are truly when Jesus carries us through life! Praise God for those precious footprints! He daily bears our burdens and carries our sorrows, we just need to rest our head on His strong and loving shoulders......

No comments:

Post a Comment