Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Facing the future...

Without trials, you would not know to trust the Savior. Without pain,the help He offers would go unnoticed. So many long to take the easy way. Yet this is not always God's design.
At times our pathways become treacherous, taking dark and shadowy turns. We learn to identify with the psalmist, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for Though art with me".
God goes before you into each and every trial. He leaves a trodden path for you to follow. You may walk where danger is crouched on every side, but you do not walk alone, You may face being misunderstood, overlooked, and forgotten, but God knows you and loves you greatly. Keep your eyes on Him. Fix your emotions on His promises. They are unshakable.
Once you learn to go to Him in times of sorrow as well as happiness, a new joy will spring up within you. It comes from an overflow of being in the presence of God. It has the power to change the way you feel about yourself and others. It can heal any relationship.
Don't be surprised if you find yourself praising God in desperate times. Trials bring you to your knees. From this angle all you need to do is to look up into the loving face of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is here you discover that greatness of God's love and forgiveness C. Stanley His love gives grace, His grace gives peace, His peace gives hope.
This year I have learned much about the love of God. About His plans and how I have no control of my own, He truly is in the driver's seat. His grace and mercy hold me, He is my strength and comfort. He is my hope. Hard things come to all of us, our choice is only, where we go with them. As for me I choose my Lord. Some choose self destruction, some anger, some just walk away from friends and family. In my past life before I knew Jesus, I chose all these routes at one time or another. Speaking from experience, my advice is Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment